Thursday, April 10, 2008

We lost but we won in spirit!

Haiz after all that practicing i was expecting to win. But there was a change of opponents and we lost instead. We were suppose to go against a team by the name Kung Fu Dunk, but ended up going against Team Labuan. They were well coordinated and i suspect that there were from the same school team... Normal street ball team would never had a chance against these guys but we held on. The final score was 21-16 points. We lost by a mere 5 points only.... T_T

It was a tiring game. We were totally exhausted after the match, Even Raggy's team did not make it to the next round. They lost by 2 points only, 8-6. But Ren Bing's team, Snipe, stood out greatly by getting a extremely high pointed win. They won the other team by 27 points, 31-4. Well they aren't arts streams best for nothing!!! Well at least 1 out of 3 teams made it to the semi-finals.


Anyway, I was one of the first five to get on the court to play against team Labuan. those who joined me were, Kar Wai, Zhen Hui, Yi Wei, Chee Hong ( Panda ). We didn't manage it quite well at the beginning but it went ok.

It was a very tense 1st 10 mins, i was hit by a guy from the opposing team, my glasses flew and i think i might have injured a rib bone, coz it hurt a lot after awhile. The next half was however much more tiring. We scored more during the 2nd half though. Kar Wai got in 2 3-pointers and 1 2-point shot.

I had my chances too when i was playing to score, there was one moment that i still remember clearly until now even after the game has ended. There I was running towards the 3-point line undecided if i should do a lay up or just shoot the 3-point. I made up my mind to do the layup because it was empty down the lane. Half way through the layup I wanted to pass the ball but out of the tense moment there, I heard her voice loud and clearly from the side lines calling out my name...so I went on with the layup! And can you believe it, I actually scored!!! Well it was a first for me as i usually play on the 3-point line and seldom did layups coz i cant run that well...But with her call and a sudden feel of power, agility and support from her, I went with the layup. I felt so happy! :)

It wasn't my only shot though, I tried another layup awhile later but this time gt rammed and missed.. As expected, Kar Wai performed extremely well. Lik Nang didn't have his form today but still scored a shot. Panda and Yi Wei did well in rebounding and scoring too. We lost, but at least we lost with style and pride of holding off for so long against such a powerful team...


I'm proud of all my teammates we did well today. I would also like to thank all those who came to support us.

Thank You to all who supported us and all my fellow teammates. I had a great time and I think You Did too! Once more I say:

Thank You!!

0 comments: