Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Thin Line Between Love and Like

There is a thin line between love and like. Some may say that love starts from liking someone at first. I agree to that point. But liking someone can only reach a certain point before it can become love... That is the part, the thin line, that i wish to talk about today.

Loving another person has a basic requirement which is that one must have the feel of love towards the other person. If there is no feel then it isn't love, it is like. To like a person one doesn't have to have the feeling of love. Liking someone is easy but loving him or her is hard and difficult.

First there has to be like, if you like a person, it could be because you like a certain characteristic about the person or it can be that the person has a certain effect on you. This effect can be that he or she can keep you calm when you are tense, calm you when you're angry or frustrated, cool you down when you blow your top or even just being around you they make you feel good~~~

After liking the person for sometime usually (3 ~ 12 months) the feeling of love might start to kick in. At this point it is the choice the individual to follow his or her heart or just ignore the emotion completely. One has to make choices in life, if you take the path of following your heart then good luck. But if you choose the latter and ignore the feeling of love it can sometimes become rather confusing and bothersome, especially when the person you like is always around you. You like that person but don't want to or just can't love the person.

There is a point where as I've already mentioned that like can extend too. After that point it's considered love. Well now I'm stuck balancing on this thin line. Sometimes I feel that I love her, but sometimes it's just I like her as a sister and nothing more. Those who also balance on this line might know how I'm feeling now. Rather confused and unable to make clear the true feelings....

I fell this matter is rather irksome but I cant make up my mind... She's just to good to let go... But I know that me and her will never work out. So Far now I'm content with having her around me. I don't feel the feeling, I just like having her near and close to me...

Making me feel calm and so on, when i feel pressured, i know i can count on her to cheer me up^^. To me she is so wonderful, a blessing to my physical state and mind, but some say its a curse to have something so good nearby but unable to take the next step further... Its both painful and yet still calming....

1 comments:

Vampire_death said...

I understand de feeling that u r feeling now, bcos i myself am confused. At one point, i liked someone. But now, i feel dat de gap between us r wider from time to time. Now, i am rather confused bcos i find that i am starting to like my best friend that i use to treat her as a brother or something... I u knw who it is, pls keep it as a secret in class... My feeling is the same as wat u hav stated in ur THIN LINE topic...